Judge Palos Qualifications
- Served as a Judge in Domestic Relations Court since 2009.
- 30 years judicial experience as a judge and magistrate in Domestic Relations Court.
- Given the Judicial Service Award by the Ohio Association of Magistrates (2009).
- Worked with community partners to obtain Violence Against Women funding to improve services for victims of violence.
- Worked with the Supreme Court of Ohio to provide Mediation training for Domestic Relations Court employees.
- Helped improve services for attorneys and litigants by establishing the Court Information Center and providing a user-friendly court website.
- Initiated Brown Bag lunches with attorneys to share new information and procedures.
- Assisted in planning and providing education for Guardians ad Litem.
- Helped draft language for legislation and rules.
- Worked with community partners in support of a visitation center and a child advocacy center.
Professional action on behalf of families:
- President of the Ohio Association of Domestic Relations Judges.
- Chair of the Board of Trustees for the Supreme Court Judicial College.
- Member of the Board of Trustees for the Supreme Court of Ohio Judicial College (2005 – 2009 and 2013 – present).
- Member of Supreme Court of Ohio Case Management Committee (2013 to present).
- Member of Supreme Court of Ohio Rules of Superintendence Committee (2016 to present).
- Member of the Supreme Court of Ohio Task Force on Access to Justice (2014).
- Co-Chair of the Domestic Relations Practice and Procedure Committee for the Ohio Judicial Conference.
- Trustee and co-founder of the Center for Principled Family Advocacy, a non-profit corporation promoting and providing education on approaches to resolving family law problems without litigation (www.Famad.com).
- Member of the Supreme Court of Ohio Committee on Children, Families and the Courts (2002 – 2008).
- Member of the Ohio Child Support Council (1998 – 2000).
- Chair of the Ohio Supreme Court Domestic Relations Summit Planning Committee 2014.
- Past Chair of the Domestic Relations Practice Committee for the Ohio Association of Magistrates (1996 – 1999).
- Past member of the Board of Trustees for the Ohio Association of Magistrates.
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 1984.
- 21 years as an Adjunct Professor of Law at Cleveland-Marshall College of Law.
- Author of Child Support chapter in Sowald and Morganstern, Domestic Relations Law.
- Fellow, ASTAR (Advanced Science and Technology Adjudication Resource).
- Education Service Award by the Ohio Association of Magistrates (2002).
- Institute for Faculty Excellence in Judicial Education, University of Memphis (2000 and 2007).
- Mediation and Collaborative Law Training.
- Planner and presenter for the Supreme Court of Ohio Judicial College.
- Presenter for Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC).
- Presenter for Cleveland Metropolitan Bar, Parma Bar and Ohio State Bar Associations.
- Presenter for International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP).
- Editorial Board for Domestic Relations Journal